Getting Instagram Reels views is one of the biggest challenges for Instagram content creators. In the end, what is the purpose of creating Reels if nobody sees them and engages with them?
Instagram Reels is one of the trendiest content types on Instagram in 2023. Many brands, influencers and content creators have been using Reels to grow their brands. However, what should you do if your Instagram Reel views aren’t increasing? This is one of the hottest questions asked by many content creators.
If you’re struggling to get views, you’re not alone. I’ve worked with tens of brands who faced this issue as well.
The solution may be simpler than you’d think.
What is Instagram Reels?
Why should you post Instagram Reels?
It’s a known secret that Instagram prefers Reels over any other type of content posted on the platform. You may have noticed that your engagement surges after posting Reels.
Recently, Hootsuite ran an experiment, and they found out that since the short-video format debuted on the platform, brands and content creators have discovered that these posts result in more than just views. Many have witnessed their follower counts, and engagement rates improve, as well. One Instagram creator says she gained 2,800+ followers by posting a Reel daily for a month.
Apart from that, people create Instagram Reels for several reasons:
- To reach a wider audience: Instagram Reels are a popular feature on the platform, and many users use them as a way to reach a wider audience. By creating Reels, users can get their content in front of new viewers who may not have seen their posts before.
- To increase engagement: Instagram Reels can be highly engaging, as they allow users to create short, entertaining videos that are easy to consume. By creating Reels, users can increase engagement with their followers and attract new followers to their account.
- To showcase their creativity: Reels provide a platform for users to express their creativity and showcase their talents. Whether it’s through dance, music, comedy, or other forms of content, Reels allow users to share their unique perspectives with the world.
- To promote their brand or business: Reels can also be used as a marketing tool to promote a brand or business. By creating engaging and informative Reels, businesses can attract new customers and increase brand awareness.
- To participate in trends and challenges: Reels often feature popular trends and challenges, which can be a fun way for users to participate in the Instagram community and show off their creativity.
Overall, Instagram Reels are a versatile feature that can be used for a variety of purposes. Whether it’s to reach a wider audience, increase engagement, or express creativity, Reels provide users with a powerful tool for sharing their content with the world.
Why is engagement on Instagram important?
Engagement on Instagram is important because it is a key metric that measures how your audience is interacting with your content. Engagement refers to the number of likes, comments, shares, and saves your posts receive. The higher your engagement rate, the more your content resonates with your audience, and the more likely Instagram’s algorithm will show your content to more people.
However, not only that. Here are a few reasons why engagement is important on Instagram:
- It helps you build a community: Engaged followers are more likely to become loyal fans and advocates for your brand. When people engage with your content, they are showing interest in what you have to offer, and you can use that as an opportunity to connect with them and build a community around your brand.
- It improves your visibility: The more engagement your content receives, the more likely Instagram’s algorithm will show your content to more people. This can help you reach a wider audience and increase your chances of attracting new followers.
- It can drive conversions: Engaged followers are more likely to take action on your content, such as clicking on your website link or making a purchase. By building engagement, you can increase your chances of converting your followers into customers or clients.
Overall, engagement is a key indicator of the success of your Instagram strategy. By focusing on building engagement, you can improve your visibility, build a community, and drive conversions for your brand.
However, you cannot increase your engagement if you’re not getting views on your Reels. Therefore, before concentrating on the engagement rate, it’s best to ensure that your content is seen.
Why are my Instagram Reels views not increasing?
There could be several reasons why your Instagram Reels are not getting views. Here are some common reasons:
- Lack of engagement: If your Reels are not engaging or entertaining, viewers may not be inclined to watch or share them. Make sure your Reels are high-quality, visually appealing, and provide value to your audience.
- Hashtag usage: If you are not using relevant hashtags or enough hashtags, your Reels may not be reaching the right audience. Make sure you are using popular and relevant hashtags that are specific to your content.
- Timing: If you are not posting your Reels at the right time, you may not be reaching your audience when they are most active. Use Instagram Insights to determine when your audience is most active and post your Reels during those times.
- Competition: There may be a lot of competition on Instagram for Reels content, so it may be harder to get noticed. Try to create unique and creative Reels that stand out from the crowd.
- Lack of promotion: If you are not promoting your Reels on other social media platforms or in your Instagram Stories, you may not be reaching as many people as you could. Make sure to promote your Reels on other channels to increase visibility.
- Algorithm changes: Instagram’s algorithm is constantly changing, and sometimes it can be hard to keep up. If you notice a sudden decrease in views, it could be due to changes in the algorithm.
By identifying the possible reasons why your Instagram Reels views are stagnant, you can take steps to improve your content and increase your reach on Instagram.
How to get more Instagram Reels views for free?
To get more Instagram Reels views, here are some straightforward tips you can try:
- Use trending music: Using popular and trending music can help your Reels get more visibility. You can browse the music library in Instagram and select the tracks that are currently popular.
- Create engaging content: The more engaging and entertaining your Reels are, the more likely people are to watch and share them. Experiment with different formats, such as tutorials, challenges, or humor.
- Create high-quality content: The more engaging and entertaining your Reels are, the more likely people are to watch and share them. Experiment with different formats, such as tutorials, challenges, or humor, and use editing tools to make your Reels visually appealing.
- Use relevant hashtags: Including relevant hashtags in your Reels can help them get discovered by people who are interested in your content. Use popular and relevant hashtags in your niche to reach a larger audience.
- Share on other platforms: Share your Reels on other social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to get more visibility. You can also share them in your Instagram Stories or as a post on your feed.
- Collaborate with others: Collaborating with other Instagram users in your niche can help you reach new audiences. Look for users who have a similar following and reach out to them to collaborate on a Reel.
- Post consistently: Consistency is key when it comes to growing your Instagram following. Post Reels consistently to keep your audience engaged and to increase your visibility on the platform.
- Post at the right time: Posting when your audience is most active is critical. Take a look at your Instagram analytics to understand when your audience is active, and try to post around that time. The first few hours are crucial for the Instagram algorithm to determine if your Reels are worth sharing with a broader audience.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments on your Reels and engage with your audience. This can help you build a relationship with your followers and encourage them to share your content with their own followers.
By implementing these tips, you can increase your chances of getting more views and engagement on your Instagram Reels.
How to track Instagram Reels views?
Chances are high that you underestimate the performance of your Reels. You should always analyse the data to see how many people actually viewed your content.
To see how many views your Instagram Reels have received, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to your profile by tapping on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Find the Reel you want to check the views for and tap on it to open it.
- Underneath the Reel, you should see the view count, which shows how many people have viewed your Reel.
- You can also swipe up on the Reel to see more detailed analytics, such as the number of likes, comments, saves, and shares.
- If you want to see the view counts for all of your Reels, you can navigate to your profile and tap on the Reels tab to see a grid of all of your Reels, along with their respective view counts.
Remember, it may take some time for your Reels to accumulate views, so be patient and keep creating engaging content to attract more viewers. Keep in mind that these statistics will keep on updating over time. Therefore, give reasonable time before assessing the performance of your Reels.
What does it all mean?
Instagram prioritizes showcasing high-quality Reels and has redesigned its home screen to give Reels greater visibility. Therefore, it is not surprising that Reels with high view counts are becoming an essential factor for organic reach on the platform.
As a result, Reels have become a crucial frontier for expanding reach and engagement on Instagram. The greater the audience reached through Reels, the more likely it is for the follower count and engagement rate to increase.
As a result, Instagram Reels views count may have a direct relation to the overall success of your Instagram marketing strategy.